A HUGE thank you to everyone who attended the First Annual Aidan Brown Foundation 5K Run/Walk on November 15th!! The race, which was also hc1 Communities first large-scale event, took place at the Fall Creek and 16th Street Park (Graham Martin Park) on the West side of Indianapolis. Aidan’s friends and family came out in full force, raising over $9,000 for this amazing cause.
The Aidan Brown Foundation aims to help children with cancer stay positive by providing much-needed distractions and aiding in connecting them to people, places and things that they love. The foundation hopes to achieve this by raising funds to buy and give iPads to children of all ages undergoing cancer treatments in Indiana. As technology leaders in healthcare, it is the duty of the entire hc1 family to support the improvement of healthcare organizations and the enhancement of the healthcare experience – especially for those in our local community. We hope to spread the love and support of the Aidan Brown Foundation to all children who are suffering from cancer in Indiana, and are extremely proud to have been part of such an amazing event.
A very special thank you as well to all of our volunteers and sponsors of the race, as it could not have gone on without you!
- Food Vendors: Marsh Supermarkets, Jimmy John’s Indianapolis, Harlan Bakeries, GreanBean Delivery, Starbucks Indianpolis
- Equipment Vendors: Hoosier Tools, A Classic Party Rental
- Our AMAZING race crew: Indy Invaders, Active Indy, Professional Fitness
- All of our volunteers, including FireProtection of Indianapolis and Hylant
- And Laura and Kenny Stumpf, winners of the Hustle to Help Award
We would also like to extend our congratulations to the top 3 winners of the race – way to go, guys! And please, everyone save the date for the Second Annual Aidan Brown Foundation 5K, taking place in the much warmer time of September, 2015!
In addition to donating via the Aidan Brown Foundation website, here are other ways you can support this wonderful cause:
- Purchase these special-made Aidan Brown lemon cookies from Cookies for Cancer. All donations will be made towards cancer research: http://www.cookiesforkidscancer.org/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ABLD
- Make your holiday gifts worth even more! When you shop through this amazon.com link, a portion of your purchase(s) will go towards the Aidan Brown Foundation: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/27-2962196
The entire hc1.com team wishes everyone a very happy and healthy holiday!